The EUVIP 2022 Organizing Committee invites proposals for Special Sessions on new or emerging topics in visual information processing. Special Sessions supplement the regular program and are intended to highlight important research directions in a field of special interest to EUVIP participants. As such, topics not previously covered in regular EUVIP sessions of the past and which have the potential for a major impact on the field in the near future are of particular interest.
Required Proposal Information
Special Session proposals must contain the following information:
- Title of the proposed Special Session.
- Names, affiliations, and contact information of the session organizers (at most three).
- Brief biographies of the session organizers.
- Brief description of the proposed session topic and discussion on why this is an appropriate topic for an EUVIP 2022 Special Session (up to 250 words).
- List of four to six (4-6) contributed papers (including titles, author names and affiliations, and a short abstract).
Proposals will be evaluated based on:
- Topic timeliness and expected impact.
- Qualifications of the organizers.
- List of contributed papers and their authors.
Upon acceptance of the Special Session proposal, contributed papers will be submitted just like regular papers and will undergo a review process similar to that of regular papers submitted to EUVIP 2022. At most one paper in the Special Session may be authored by the organizers.
All Special Sessions will also be open for submissions by other interested authors until 6th June, 2022. With this approach, an even more interesting Special Session will hopefully be achieved.
Special Session proposals should be submitted by e-mail to the Special Sessions Chairs:
- Miska Hannuksela;
- Luís Ducla Soares.
Proponents of Special Sessions will be informed of the decisions by the Special Sessions Chairs by email.
Further questions regarding Special Sessions may be directed to the Special Sessions Chairs.
Deadline for Special Session Proposals: 22nd April 2022.
Notification of Special Session Acceptance: 6th May 2022.